23 replies to this topic

#21 birdog1960

birdog1960

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,841 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:45 PM

The Infinity Primus 362 are a steal at that price. It is a very well engineered product. In blind listening tests that have been published, the 362 was preferred by listeners to speakers costing up to $4000 dollars! The technical measurements (on-off axis, etc) offered from both Harman as well as from 3rd parties show this speaker to perform well above its price class. The matching center is is a good idea because it will match tonality/timbre to your mains which is very important. "Matching" the surrounds is less important unless you need to match the finish of the speaker itself. At a higher price there are some excellent dipole and quadpolar surround designs that will offer a more enveloping surround experience for home theater but for multi-channel music listening some prefer the conventional directing-radiating surround.

If you are willing to go up to $1k, some of the lower priced models from HSU, SVS and Elemental Designs will offer bang for buck for the subwoofer and great performance to fill in the lower end. This will be an excellent setup for the price.

BTW what Energy model do you have?

thanks. am really considering this. have 2 rc10's for music on my patio. bring em in and use as front speakers for my energy take 5 system in the winter. the take 5's are really pretty good for the cost and have held up well for almost 10 years (except the sub- i've just blown my second 8 inch energy sub) but we're building and i'm planning a whole new HT (great fun even in the planning!). i'm gonna see if i can hear the infinity's somewhere but doubt i'll find em locally. may just buy and hopefully not return. btw, have emailed dr hsu in the past with room dimensions and he recommends sub placement for free. don't know if he still does this but it made a big difference.

#22 BuffaloBillsForever

BuffaloBillsForever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:08 PM

A lot of people love the RC-10. They are a well regarded bookshelf speaker in its price class. Unfortunately I am not familiar with the Energy Take 5 system. The 362 are a tower speaker so they will play a bit lower than your bookshelves, have better power handling capabilities and dynamics which is beneficial for home theater use. IMO you will gain a lot of improvement switching over from the 8" Energy sub to an offering such as one of the HSU subs that you are looking at.

The P362 are above average in sensitivity at 93db and the impedance should not pose problems for any electronics. This system can be powered with any receiver. I imagine the current receiver you are using will be just fine.

PS: I don't think it has been mentioned in this thread but if you want really cheap costing cables to hook up your home theater, go here http://www.monoprice.../home/index.asp :devil:

#23 birdog1960

birdog1960

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,841 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:50 AM

A lot of people love the RC-10. They are a well regarded bookshelf speaker in its price class. Unfortunately I am not familiar with the Energy Take 5 system. The 362 are a tower speaker so they will play a bit lower than your bookshelves, have better power handling capabilities and dynamics which is beneficial for home theater use. IMO you will gain a lot of improvement switching over from the 8" Energy sub to an offering such as one of the HSU subs that you are looking at.

The P362 are above average in sensitivity at 93db and the impedance should not pose problems for any electronics. This system can be powered with any receiver. I imagine the current receiver you are using will be just fine.

PS: I don't think it has been mentioned in this thread but if you want really cheap costing cables to hook up your home theater, go here http://www.monoprice.../home/index.asp :devil:

just moved and am rebuilding my theater -most of my old one conveyed with the old house. still have the 2 rc 10's that i'm thinking of using as front speakers. looking at matching energy rc lcr or mini rc center. for satelittes i'm looking at energy rc 8c in wall speakers but don't have any experience with in wall speakers. this is a huge room (finished basement) but the viewing/ listening area is about 20 X 20X 8 ft ceiling. will also probably replace my BIC F12 sub that's now in another theater. total cost on sale for these discounted speakers to match my rc 10's (including the bigger center) is about $700. any opinions on this or should I just start anew and leave out the rc 10's.

#24 Helpmenow

Helpmenow

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:03 PM

I have a great pair of KG-4's klipsch that were purchased from the speaker shop. Love them