20 replies to this topic

#1 Pete

Pete

circle the wagons friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,647 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:06 PM

So I just bought the P90 DVD set. What equipment will I need? I bought a door frame chin up bar, dumbells, and elastic bands. Do I need anything else?

#2 Alaska Darin

Alaska Darin

Sniping at Retards from the Balcony

• PPP Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,280 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:40 PM

So I just bought the P90 DVD set. What equipment will I need? I bought a door frame chin up bar, dumbells, and elastic bands. Do I need anything else?

A Chair or Bench of some kind, some yoga blocks (if necessary) and about 90 minutes a day, six days a week.

#3 pBills

pBills

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:43 AM

I might be doing some work for Tony... while going through files I became very interested in this system. Wondering if it works as well as he claims?

#4 Alaska Darin

Alaska Darin

Sniping at Retards from the Balcony

• PPP Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,280 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:22 PM

I might be doing some work for Tony... while going through files I became very interested in this system. Wondering if it works as well as he claims?

It works if you can follow it with the discipline it requires.

#5 John Adams

John Adams

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,196 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:41 AM

It works if you can follow it with the discipline it requires.

Rinse, lather, repeat for almost every decent workout program. Hershel Walker was a stud athlete on situps and pushups. Kareem Abdul Jabar did yoga, karate, and jump rope.

Discipline.

#6 joesixpack

joesixpack

Hell Bent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,972 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:50 PM

Rinse, lather, repeat for almost every decent workout program. Hershel Walker was a stud athlete on situps and pushups. Kareem Abdul Jabar did yoga, karate, and jump rope.

Discipline.

You can lose a lot of weight doing ashtanga yoga 3x a week and walking every day. TONS of weight.

#7 John Adams

John Adams

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,196 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 01:49 PM

You can lose a lot of weight doing ashtanga yoga 3x a week and walking every day. TONS of weight.

You can lose a lot of weight consuming 1400 calories a day and sitting on your ass.

If weight loss is someone's sole goal, exercise alone won't get them there.

#8 BuffOrange

BuffOrange

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,445 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:07 AM

Discipline.

Very true. It's not a shock that a 6days/week, 90 minute program will yield some results.

#9 joesixpack

joesixpack

Hell Bent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,972 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:13 AM

Let me ask a question...Is this suitable for someone of moderate fitness? I'm not in that great of shape, but I'm not a total couch potato either. Most of the people you see on the materials are already fairly fit and are toning up. Can a moderately soft individual use this plan without killing himself?
<_<

#10 DarthICE

DarthICE

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:05 AM

From my understanding 6 days per week, 1 hour per day with 1.5 hours on the Yoga. Iam going to add deadlifts in the routine because I want to throw in the Highland games again and need that extra pure pulling movement.

I am at 217 @29%BF :) Need to drop to 15%BF, will let the pure 'weight' take care of its self if the BF is in order. I wonder if after two cycles of P90x I can be down to 15%?

#11 DarthICE

DarthICE

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:10 AM

Let me ask a question...Is this suitable for someone of moderate fitness? I'm not in that great of shape, but I'm not a total couch potato either. Most of the people you see on the materials are already fairly fit and are toning up. Can a moderately soft individual use this plan without killing himself?
:)

Joe, go to beach body and look at the programs. P90x is really out there, it is 'hard core'. They have some programs not nearly as bad that you can start with. P90 from what I understand is the 30-40 min 'lite' version of P90x.

Bottom line though, you can't outwork a bad diet.

#12 joesixpack

joesixpack

Hell Bent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,972 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:40 AM

Joe, go to beach body and look at the programs. P90x is really out there, it is 'hard core'. They have some programs not nearly as bad that you can start with. P90 from what I understand is the 30-40 min 'lite' version of P90x.

Bottom line though, you can't outwork a bad diet.

Oh, I know. I've altered my diet, too.

#13 DarthICE

DarthICE

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:38 PM

Good job, find the one that is right for you and get after it!

#14 meazza

meazza

ASR 1927

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,786 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:37 PM

Cut our simple carbs, try and grab low calorie snacks and high fiber.

Once you start making these changes, you'll be shocked at how easy it is.

#15 stuckincincy

stuckincincy

Get away, Jordan,

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,375 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:09 PM

You can lose a lot of weight consuming 1400 calories a day and sitting on your ass.

If weight loss is someone's sole goal, exercise alone won't get them there.

Worked for me.

I dropped 35 lb to 165 lb by jotting down what I ate, paid attention to the recommended daily values for carbs, proteins, fats and so on. I reduced my caloric intake a bunch and I am not chronically hungry at all. I consume less than 2000 cal per day. I'm active as usual - no changes there; I don't do exercise sessions or lift or anything like that - I walk 2 to 3 miles a day according to the pedometer I put on my belt...just activity throughout the normal day.

I keep a daily spreadsheet of what I eat. Just like with my written stuff - I see what I've eaten, and plan on less (occasionally more) intake the next day. I do know that eating out must be a rarity. You have to be judicious. One McD sausage biscuit is a killer: I did buy one this week - it was delicious:

http://www.nutrition...cdonalds/6268/2

My wife 'n me go out for a Saturday breakfast, at the local Frisch's chain. Our pleasant treat. I order their #3 - fried egg, 3 bacon, 2 toast, hash browns (grill-fried, not deep fried). I cut the white from the egg, and give my lady one of the bacon . She has 2 eggs, no yolk same as me and dry rye toast. My "big", once a week, very satisfying meal is in the main, less than than one McD's sausage biscuit.

I like a good steak as well as most do - but I keep the portion at 4 oz, a 100 grams or so. I savor every bite. My wife is returning for a few days from attending to her dear sister's grave illness. She's eaten sparse I'm sure (she sports 115 lb). So we both look forward to a few 3000+ calorie days. Because we can afford them.

Watching the intake works.

But not for all, JA. We have gone over this in the past - I believe there are folks that try as they might, are predisposed to being obese. That's their genetics - my take. I know you disagree.

#16 DarthICE

DarthICE

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:28 PM

Worked for me.

I dropped 35 lb to 165 lb by jotting down what I ate, paid attention to the recommended daily values for carbs, proteins, fats and so on. I reduced my caloric intake a bunch and I am not chronically hungry at all. I consume less than 2000 cal per day. I'm active as usual - no changes there; I don't do exercise sessions or lift or anything like that - I walk 2 to 3 miles a day according to the pedometer I put on my belt...just activity throughout the normal day.

I keep a daily spreadsheet of what I eat. Just like with my written stuff - I see what I've eaten, and plan on less (occasionally more) intake the next day. I do know that eating out must be a rarity. You have to be judicious. One McD sausage biscuit is a killer: I did buy one this week - it was delicious:

http://www.nutrition...cdonalds/6268/2

My wife 'n me go out for a Saturday breakfast, at the local Frisch's chain. Our pleasant treat. I order their #3 - fried egg, 3 bacon, 2 toast, hash browns (grill-fried, not deep fried). I cut the white from the egg, and give my lady one of the bacon . She has 2 eggs, no yolk same as me and dry rye toast. My "big", once a week, very satisfying meal is in the main, less than than one McD's sausage biscuit.

I like a good steak as well as most do - but I keep the portion at 4 oz, a 100 grams or so. I savor every bite. My wife is returning for a few days from attending to her dear sister's grave illness. She's eaten sparse I'm sure (she sports 115 lb). So we both look forward to a few 3000+ calorie days. Because we can afford them.

Watching the intake works.

But not for all, JA. We have gone over this in the past - I believe there are folks that try as they might, are predisposed to being obese. That's their genetics - my take. I know you disagree.

Great job Cinci! :doh:

#17 Pete

Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,647 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 03:57 PM

P90X is legit! I dropped 20 pounds in 6 weeks and I am much more cut up. Stick with P90x and you will most definetly get results!

#18 Pete

Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,647 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:28 PM

I think so. Stick with it and the pounds come off quick. I am very impressed with P90X

#19 el Tigre

el Tigre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 06:35 AM

P90x is a good program. I don't know anything about body fat percentages,but if you put in the time and effort P90x will make you stronger and leaner.

#20 Just Jack

Just Jack

Lifting things up and putting them down

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,576 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

Might want to be careful though....

http://collegespun.c...rhabdomyolysis#